Healing in Daily Life
OUR CHURCH TENETS
Our church members try to follow in Christ’s footsteps and welcome all who are searching for healing in their daily lives. We support each other as we walk this path together.
The following is a brief presentation of the important points of Christian Science:
- As adherents of Truth, we take the inspired Word of the Bible as our sufficient guide to eternal Life.
- We acknowledge and adore one supreme and infinite God. We acknowledge His Son, one Christ; the Holy Ghost or divine Comforter; and man in God’s image and likeness.
- We acknowledge God’s forgiveness of sin in the destruction of sin and the spiritual understanding that casts out evil as unreal. But the belief in sin is punished so long as the belief lasts.
- We acknowledge Jesus’ atonement as the evidence of divine, efficacious Love, unfolding man’s unity with God through Christ Jesus the Way-shower; and we acknowledge that man is saved through Christ, through Truth, Life, and Love as demonstrated by the Galilean Prophet in healing the sick and overcoming sin and death.
- We acknowledge that the crucifixion of Jesus and his resurrection served to uplift faith to understand eternal Life, even the allness of Soul, Spirit, and the nothingness of matter.
- And we solemnly promise to watch, and pray for that Mind to be in us which was also in Christ Jesus; to do unto others as we would have them do unto us; and to be merciful, just, and pure.
From Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy, 497:3-27
To learn more about Christian Science please explore http://www.christianscience.com/what-is-christian-science
WHO WAS MARY BAKER EDDY?
MARY BAKER EDDY is the Discoverer of Christian Science and the Founder of the church based on its principles. Born in 1821, she was a New England woman, who, from her youth, searched for a deeper and more practical Christianity. In 1866, after being healed from a serious accident, she gained a profound insight into the nature of God and Jesus’ ability to heal. She then dedicated the rest of her life in explaining it to the rest of the world.
Mrs. Eddy shared her discovery in her text book, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, published in 1875.
In 1995, Mrs. Eddy was among 18 distinguished American women inducted into the National Women’s Hall of Fame. She was selected as “the only American woman to found a lasting American-based denomination.” Learn More
If you are interested in knowing more about Mary Baker Eddy you may borrow this book from our Reading Room.
© 1971 by Robert Peel. Copyright assigned to The Christian Science Publishing Society in 1977. All rights reserved.